Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Dear administrators who deal with library things, whichever ones you are,

This is a rave/thank you note for commenting on the prestige submissions this round. I can only speak for myself, of course, but I really like seeing them. I don't know why, but the rounds that have comments just seem so much more competitive and interesting than the ones that don't. The only other thing I could hope for is having the scoring rubric (I'm making educated guesses/assumptions about how the scoring is done) with the scores for each book attached to LIBRARY INFO after judging.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Some people are fun to banter with. Always entertaining, @Ixion, glad you're active again! (And I will chalk up my win.)

• Portius said:
    The only other thing I could hope for is having the scoring rubric (I'm making educated guesses/assumptions about how the scoring is done) with the scores for each book attached to LIBRARY INFO after judging.
    Everyone has their own rubric, that's the beauty and the curse. Some are elaborate, some simple. Some roll a d100 (jk... or am I?!). Keep a hawk eye on the comments, they offer valuable suggestions.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Huh. If this is a question you're allowed to answer, do all of you put out ratings for prestige submissions, or is it just some of you?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Lavinya said:
    Some people are fun to banter with. Always entertaining, @Ixion, glad you're active again! (And I will chalk up my win.)
    If you win by me being active, good!

You never miss a chance to devolve anything into a lewd hot mess.
  • I'm always super excited when I manage to script something extremely crude and basic but functional. In this case, I made a script, an alias, and a trigger, the combined effect of which is to keep me connected through nine timeout ticks, then kick me on the tenth, so I can have a short timeout (so I don't die horribly when I disconnect) but not feel like I'm getting kicked constantly whenever I get distracted or write things.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Ixion said:
    Lavinya said:
    If you win by me being active, good!

You never miss a chance to devolve anything into a lewd hot mess.
    It's my secret super power.

• Lavinya said:
    So many huge raves to the admin and particularly @Ieptix for looking into the honour loss from the resignation and deciding to overturn it. From feeling sick at the months and months of work I had inadvertently lost the family to being overjoyed at the decision. Thankyou thankyou thankyou thaaaaaaankyouuuuuuu.

readlog d'Murani
    2014/06/17 06:36:25 - Ieptix > The honour loss caused by Lavinya's prior resignation has been approximately refunded.
    Lucky for you!! Lavy had to get a lot of honour ticks otherwise!!

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• edited June 2014
    Get mentioned in @Daraius 's Year In Review post.
  • Rave for whichever Divine brought Veritus in to Vetala's Progression of Blood, that was delightful! As were those extra ambient messages that went along with each step. Thank You (whoever You are!)

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Ayisdra said:
    Get mentioned in @Daraius 's Year In Review post.
    If getting a shout out becomes a motivating factor for people to write stuff, I'll be a very happy camper. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Rave for @Alary and @Mysrai
  • Rave for @Mysrai and her awesomeness! I am literally dancing in my chair with joy right now. My pug is looking at me like I'm bloody insane as a result.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Ok. So I've never done an org supermob raid before, never been on one. I've been there to be hit by one, and defended one against Gaudi and totally missed the last Avatar raid against Serenwilde.

Tonight was my first, and I'm amazed considering I had zero clue about the spheres (I only thought there were 6, true story) I'm amazed how well that went. Huge thank you for everyone who had faith in me to follow and execute it so well... sorry for letting you all down by failing on Avatar target calls D:

Respect to the people who came and defended, that was fun.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    If you delight in PVP and enjoy that as your primary function in Lusternia, at some point you'll have to come to realise that you can't win them all. It's picking yourself back up that defines you as someone worth following into battle.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Raves to @Yarith for some awesome interactions, even if I am sad to see you going. For now. We shall reclaim you one day.
    >:)
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    As an aside, the smob raids are really kind of all-or-nothing affairs. If you can take one down, you can take them all down, and that does usually happen. The only times it doesn't is when the raiders decide they are satisfied/have to QQ or some crucial skill for the defensive team suddenly makes an appearance and there's no one to counter it (ie, pits, war shrines, etc).
  • On a happier note, I could have SWORN the Spheres lost all their facets when they died, instead of 10% or so. It's like a mildly terrible Christmas gift. I didn't actually want underwear, but it's nice to have!

Ileein said:
    On a happier note, I could have SWORN the Spheres lost all their facets when they died, instead of 10% or so. It's like a mildly terrible Christmas gift. I didn't actually want underwear, but it's nice to have!
    It could be worse. When they first showed up, we were told that they had to be kept under a certain number, or else they had a chance of exploding.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shudder.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Shaddus said:

Ileein said:
    On a happier note, I could have SWORN the Spheres lost all their facets when they died, instead of 10% or so. It's like a mildly terrible Christmas gift. I didn't actually want underwear, but it's nice to have!
    It could be worse. When they first showed up, we were told that they had to be kept under a certain number, or else they had a chance of exploding.
    I had heard that about fleshpots myself... never seen it happen.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • I just want to drop a quick rave to all the new and old faces in Serenwilde that have made being back far more fun and far less terrifying than I was expecting.

Also rituals! All the rituals!

And, of course @Lisaera although I was half paralyzed with excitement and less articulate than I might have liked.
    Yes what?
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    He finally finished his epic quest. :p
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
This discussion has been closed.