Perceptions of Characters: Forums reloaded

Comments

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I walked up to the Tree. She saw me, and said she didn't have any more cakes, but she had a door. Then she gave me the door. And walked away. Come to think of it, I still have it.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Well, that clears up that then.

MOAR PERCEPTIONS

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• KioKio
    edited August 2013
    Kio does not know Maellio.  However, he has heard nothing but 'good' things about him.  He apparently has family in Glomdoring, and those of the forest would consider him a friend.  This is all Kio wishes to know, however.  Maellio falls into the category of people who should not be slaughtered on sight.

They have had one dealing, however.  There was an incident in which a commune mate was wrongly branded an enemy of Hallifax.  Maellio quickly took care of the solution, though his use of language during the exchange infuriated Kio.  It's not purely Maellio's fault, though hearing him spout on about 'exceptions' and 'violations' about set Kio on the edge.

Regardless, Kio hopes Maellio takes him up on his offer.  He feels Maellio could be useful, and at the end of the day, that's all that matters.
  • Kio is someone who lacks a balance which is obvious to anyone who interacts with him over a short period of time. This is something that is interesting to Daem, and he believes that Kio won't truely begin to understand the deeper intricacies of Mother Night until he finds balance within himself, because one extreme of his personality doesn't represent the Shadowdancer's ideals of decorum, and the other only represents one aspect of Mother Night. That being said Daem is happy to have Kio as a part of the Shadowdancers, and is impressed with his tactical mind, he is the only Shadowdancer who has defeated Daem in a spar since the first time he was champion, and it has taught him that it's ok to release his past and leave those matters to those who are more interested. 
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Hoo boy.

Daem is the first member of Shadowdancer Leadership that Tarkenton got to interact with when he was looking to join the Shadowdancers.  Unbeknownst to himself, Tarkenton's clothes had decayed while he'd been asleep so his interview was conducted while he was naked.  Apparently that wasn't quite enough to disqualify him from entry to the Coven, but the memory is indelibly written in his mind.

Past that first impression, Daem has been an excellent teacher and motivator for Tarkenton.  He's almost the opposite of what Tarkenton sees in Kio.  Daem appears calm and reserved at all times, while Kio's moods fluctuate wildly.  Daem also appears to be an endless font of knowledge that Tarkenton hasn't managed to yet tap quite as much as he'd wish to, but plans are on the horizon to remedy that as well.  Overall, Daem comes across as a strict father figure who wants his charges to do well, and is willing to smack them about to make it so.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Seeing as Zouviqil just met Tarkenton, why not, even if it's short!

Tarkenton is a very endearing, if shy, tae'dae. He reminds her some of Kio, though suspects he gets more of his traits and personality - should he indeed be Kio's child - from Thul. Zouviqil thinks Tarkenton is still coming into himself, and is looking forward to seeing what sort of person he will be. She also is anticipating Tarkenton growing out of his shyness some day, as she is pretty convinced his shyness will not be something that sticks.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Back atcha!  And I feel like I'm spamming this thread.  Bad Tark, bad!

Anywhoot, Zouvi is permanently fixed in Tarkenton's mind as the bringer of the Cake-mageddon/Cake-ocolypse/diabetes.  Meeting her the first time was a bit outside of his comfort zone, since his interactions since coming to Glomdoring have been almost strictly with other members of the Shadowdancers, and associated family members of said Shadowdancers.  Zouvi comes across extremely confident in who she is, and has a sense of humor that appeals to Tarkenton's.  He plans to engage her in many conversations in the future, in the hope that the awkwardness he feels from hearing hers and his-almost parent's conversation will erase itself from his mind.

Also, her mom is scary.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Well I was waiting patiently for this to cycle back around to anyone I could comment on, but in the interest of revival, I'mma break the rules and profile the only recent poster I've ever had any interaction with. Maybe incite a Hallifaxian renaissance.

Daraius always has a little bit of unease around Maellio, despite decades of friendship. Maellio's always good for an inappropriate bearhug, a nickname, discussion of philosophy, a challenge of wits, or a string of gibberish -- all things which make Daraius uncomfortable. That said, his early feelings of mistrust (inspired by Maellio's Glom heritage and his penchant for not always saying what he means) have been mostly resolved by years of apparent trustworthiness and dedication to Hallifax. Recent events have left Daraius deeply skeptical of Maellio's sanity, but his faith in Maellio's commitment to the Collective is largely unshaken.

Maellio holds the dubious honor of knowing more factual information about Daraius than anyone else (even the Shevats). This is probably the reason he also holds the dubious honor of having logged the most physical contact time with Daraius. He is also the only one to have flapped the unflappable.

I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Ev's perception of Zouviqil has now, of course changed. He always thought something was "different" about her and never felt like she was really into what it meant to be Seren, but her defection to the Glomdoring has merely confirmed his suspicions that some people just don't have what it takes. Contrary to her family, which is devastated over her move, Ev says "good riddance" and time to move on.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• I've not commented here yet, but I'll give a perception.

Ani met Everiine quite a long time ago. She heard good things of him, that he would tell good stories and the like, and that he is/was well respected within the Serenguard and Serenwilde. She never really spoke to him, other than to say hello, or the odd comment on our guilds.
    She then got to know Everiine more (despite still feeling awed/scared at talking to him), and her fondest memory are the times they spent in the skies above the Mother Moonhart tree where he taught her how to fly and use her wings after she became a faeling. 

She feels that Everiine is fiercely loyal, and could have been a very good friend had she stayed in Serenwilde. Ani can see why he is so deeply respected and well thought of by some people. She also feels that he should perhaps not think so much in the past, in the way things WERE done, but rather adapt and change to the newer ideas of the younger generations, and try to make Serenwilde a better place, and try to motivate them.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Anita is Rivius' daughter, and like they say, there is no relationship quite like the one between a father and a daughter. She was his pride and joy and he'd secretly tell all his friends about how proud he was of her and how she was everything he ever hoped for a child of his to be.
    He was very hurt after her defection to Glomdoring, especially considering his personal feelings toward the forest and his long history with them -- he took it personally. For a while he gave up on her, though through a wakeup call given by his wife, he remembered that that is not who he is. He continues to hope that one day she'll return.
    Zou's perception of Everiine plummeted as she got ready to leave, as well. Everiine's gigantic newspost that called out every guild within the Wilde, and every person - including himself - provided no solutions and no inspirations for them. This was not helped by the gossip among other Serens that Everiine has become, to quote indirectly, "a crotchety, old, uninspired bird." In addition, her own plummeting view of her mother and her mother having informed her that he was an important person, makes her feel even more that Everiine is not only irrelevant, but a large part of the problem with Serenwilde, part of the problem that encouraged her to get herself out of there.

Anita, on the other hand, Zouvi still holds a lot of respect for. Anita, to Zouvi, is someone who knew what was right for herself and did it. In this way, Anita is a role model for Zouvi, and Zouvi hopes to emulate that courage that Anita has to get some of it for herself.
  • Daem got to observe both Rivius in the events of Anita joining the Glomdoring. Rivius assisted in confirming to Daem that Anita was ready to join the Glomdoring and that she would not be deterred. The amount of emotion that Rivius showed over his daughter's departure and his hurt that she would leave Serenwilde told him that she was one of the links he had to Serenwilde and that he would be at least temporarily weakened by her departure. That being said a part of him understood Rivius in that the actions and stuggles that he's taken on behalf of Serenwilde mirror his own struggles when Daem was young in the Glomdoring. In addition he holds a certain respect for those who have been able to show their worth to their organization so much that they pour in power from their nexus and make them a vernal ascendent.
    edited September 2013
    Anita left a personal wound on Ev. He was less bitter around her, and was becoming quite fond of her in a special way. He was saddened to see that she remarried her ex-husband, and he sulked a little after that. Then she no longer could fly with him, but he understood. But when she left for the Glomdoring while still the High Wisdom of the Moon, he put aside his feelings of friendship, for in his mind, there is no excuse for that level of betrayal. He'll always remember the fun times, but his disappointment outweighs all that. Her leaving is what started him back down the bitter road again.

EDIT: Writing from a tablet introduces all sorts of typos...

• In the interest of continuing the chain whilst entertaining Daraius' revolution, I might as well do two [though I'm reasonably sure I've replied to Ev more than once at this point]

--

It would be accurate to claim Mael first found Daraius' demeanour almost a challenge to subvert or surmount, a snap decision saying 'I will be this man's friend if it kills one of us' [or 'I will hug him' I don't honestly remember]. Over the many years between he's come to be somewhat subverted instead, mellowing out and codifying his Hallifaxian self in part due to Daraius' near impeccable refinement. He set out to make a friend of Daraius and managed to get entangled in a mutual friendship he hadn't quite predicted.

The unforeseen consequence of this, compounded on by Daraius' status as Mael's closest waking friend in Hallifax, has lead to his status as de facto confidant for Mael of late. This situation is unfairly straining to Daraius' he realizes, but his need for candid conversation and his trust in Daraius' opinion is vastly outweighing the reservations he's built over the years for Daraius' sake.

---

Everiine remains as the single fixed point of Serenwilde history that Mael consistently remembers, the near constant High Chief and a respectable voice within the Serenwilde. That he infrequently visited Hallifax of his own volition and made the effort to appear approachable certainly helped, though as Mael's years in Hallifax tallied up he held no illusions as to Everiine's opinion of Cities.

Of recent, Mael has begun to almost feel indifferent towards Everiine and his memory thereof. His long retirement and infrequent visits reducing him to more a curiosity than the image Mael once had of the man. And coloured by his own growing indifference towards the forests themselves, outside of what concern the Collective dictate, he's quickly becoming just another ivy covered statue liable to be forgotten.

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• It'd be a lot easier to post in this thread if anyone I knew was around for me to comment on...
  • *shamelessly exists to be commented on.* All of this halli/seren/glom people!
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Morkarion often has to remind himself that however brash and hot-headed he may be, there is always his older/younger (it's complicated) Sister to charge in ahead of him with reckless abandonment.

Never quite sure what to read from her, one minute passive and unemotional while the next she's yelling at him for leaving home, and being at his wedding (which meant more to him than he'd ever admit) He admires her passion and dedication to Urlach's teachings, though he sees her apparent worship-like devotion slightly misguided, and should be aimed more at Orlachmar than Urlach.

A constant source of pride and frustration, her mouth gets the better of her at times and the fact she still hasn't fanned her divine spark have both had Morkarion want to wring her neck. But then he sees her chop off a collection of Celest and Serenwilde heads and beams with pride at his Sister's handwork.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited September 2013
    Though generally horrified at the prospect of interacting with non-Hallifaxians, Daraius recalls Sylandra's fondness for Magnagoran culture, so he can tolerate the presence of certain non-enemies on the streets on Hallifax. Daraius has crossed paths with Marcella a few times and has been generally impressed with her ability to maintain decorum despite her race, class, and city. She seems knowledgeable on a variety of subjects, which Daraius finds valuable regardless of his innate disinterest in, say, undeath. Thus, their few conversations thus far have been mainly interrogations, in which Daraius entertains his latent curiosity and tries to make sense of unfamiliar things that would otherwise squick his feeble loboshigaru brain.

edit - Oops, ninjas.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Portius deeply respects Daraius. He respected Daraius by reputation for a long time before they met; Portius had seen his stage tutorial and found it to be useful, amongst other things. Then they actually met, and Portius took an immediate liking to him due to his apparent sense of decorum and social restraint. He's polite, and seemingly orderly. Combining that with his past productivity, there's really nothing for Portius not to like.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • So many thoughts, so many things that I could say, or do. I wonder what some people would say about Hiri who have left the Serenwilde, and what they would think of what he's doing now. I'd post about people, but I'm not even entirely sure what to say or think at present.
  • Hiriako said:

So many thoughts, so many things that I could say, or do. I wonder what some people would say about Hiri who have left the Serenwilde, and what they would think of what he's doing now. I'd post about people, but I'm not even entirely sure what to say or think at present.

I think this is a good thing, for everyone. I just mentioned earlier to some people that the RP of the Basin seems to be coming a little more volatile. The best part, though, is that I don't think anyone is being griefed or robbed of their fun while all this is happening.
  • Kalnid has not as yet actually met Portius, but has developed opinions about him regardless from his various publications and that one lecture on bees. Kalnid considers him an able scholar who spends rather too much time on what Kalnid views as unimportant topics, and suspects he may be slightly full of himself.

Also, the entire time I was watching that lecture I had http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Q3BDeDdkObY/UGNgOCyhs5I/AAAAAAAADQw/bXDbsZbJxDU/s1600/oprah-bees.gif running through my head.

Marcella, on the other hand, appears just as capable but largely unrefined-mannerisms, not theories, although that could just be due to spending too much time around certain magnagoran nobles-which to him seems fitting for an ur'Guard. She seems to have more drive than most people Kalnid interacts with as well as a tendency towards seriousness, both of which are by and large a good thing. He doesn't quite agree with her views on certain philosophical issues vis a vis necromancy, but realizes that hers are perfectly well-founded and, accurate or not, a valuable way of thinking.

Oh, and he wants to examine Mariel's brainmeats to see if and how they're different from regular brainmeats, but only a little.
    Zouviqil said:

Marcella

Zouviqil thinks that Marcella is nice, but that only nice insofar as she wants to be. She feels like Marcella has the potential to be a very good person if she could get herself away from the taint, though she'd never say that. Zouviqil, however, has hang ups about owing people anything, and she doesn't feel the bribe was a bribe, but rather a gift out of pity. So Zouviqil is still determined to pay back Marcella somehow, even if she has to find some backwards way to go about it. And with luck, Zouviqil probably will find a way to go about it, and Marcella will be repaid.

First of all. She was repaid. It happened. An' wut!

Second of all, Marcella has reconfirmed for Zouviqil that Marcella is actually a good person who is just highly committed to her guild and beliefs. This said, Zouviqil has recognized in talking with Marcella that nothing will take Marcella away from Magnagora. Magnagora would have to be razed for Marcella to depart her beliefs and discipline to the Taint - and even then, Zouviqil feels Marcella would not leave it.

Although this is the case, Zouviqil is still determined to treat Marcella with a good deal of respect. She has proven to Zouviqil that she is intelligent, and Zouviqil can only hope that Magnagora may someday fall, so that Marcella may apply her intelligence, teaching abilities, dedication, and discipline to better purposes. She can tell Marcella is actually a good person despite her unfortunate alignment through birth and further discipline.

However, being the only Magnagoran Zouviqil has interacted with at any length, Marcella has provided Zouviqil with... interesting... insight to the current thoughts of Magnagora.
    Hiriako and Ev have had a volatile history. If memory serves, a decision that Hiriako made as the Great Chieftain 200 years ago made Ev decide to resign as High Chief in anger and disgust. When Hiriako sought to return to the Serenguard, Ev openly opposed him, believing him to be a power seeker and unreliable, ready to hop to the next guild when the mood struck him.

Over time, Hiriako earned back Ev's trust. He impressed Ev when he served as the Marshall, and when he decided to run for High Chief, he had earned enough trust that Ev even voted for him.

Since then, Hiriako has represented what it means to be a Seren from the old days. He remembers the old ways and tales, understands the importance of the Serenwilde Forest, is intimately familiar with it. He shows the proper respect to the ancestors and the Warrior Spirits. He is a strong, focused leader with clear goals and a way to achieve them. He trusts his kin, is open with them, heeds the advice of the Chieftains. In a relatively short time, he's earned Ev's loyalty, not just as the High Chief, but as an individual. If more Seren were like Hiriako, Ev wouldn't be so worried all the time.

• Marcella said:
    *shamelessly exists to be commented on.* All of this halli/seren/glom people!
    But but I wants to sate my shameless curiosity too >.=.<

.oO---~---Oo.

NARF!

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    So many repeat people jumping in this thread that Lavinya doesn't know to comment on! So picking out a few.

Maellio
    Lavinya's first encounter with Maellio was by way of letter, a formal warning, having been tried and found guilty (so the letter essentially claimed) of crimes against a citizen of Hallifax. Normally Lavinya would ignore such a triviality, but given several circumstances and her desire to be on good terms with Hallifax, she mulled over the letter and decided to respond. In her communications with him, she determined that while his speech was formal and very Hallifaxian in her mind, it was mostly a facade, sheltering a harried, perhaps disorganised man. And, a poor scientist, for who would possibly draw absolute conclusions (such as a guilty verdict) without taking testimony and researching to determine the facts. She found him polite and was grateful that he took the time to hear her complaint, trivial as the whole deal is, which may well be the reason he seemed...harried just seems the best word for it. Perhaps his willingness to engage in minor matters has lead to him being overburdened.

Revan
    I will try hard to keep this short but Lavinya's thoughts about her father are many, complex and at times contradictory. When she was young, she looked up to Revan - he seemed the epitome of noble-blooded Viscanti. Strong, ruthless, cunning, influential, arrogant and proud. However, she was largely naive when it came to his manipulations. When he asked her to spy on her best friend, she never thought to stop and ask why. She was rebellious and likely a headache but she very much wanted to make him proud and live up to his expectations of an n'Kylbar woman. It was to try and please him that she first joined Lord Morgfyre's Disorder, why she worked to improve her city rank.

As she grew older and listened to the tales of many, many others, Magnagorans and outsiders, relatives and strangers alike, her perception shifted. He was those things she had thought, but she began to realise he was extremely manipulative, and that he did not think twice about using anyone or anything as a pawn. Some of the stories stunned her and others she didn't believe, but the seed of doubt had been planted and her eyes were slowly opened to a different man than the one she thought she knew.

One of his greatest defenders for a large part of her life, she did always feel she did not measure up to his standards. This realisation was someting of a blow, and it made her bitter towards him. Still, she admired his unwavering loyalty to his family name and his city, but she grew resentful of how he sought to use her for his own ends, and began to distance herself from him and his plots which were becoming increasingly (to her mind) obvious and eventually made the very difficult decision to marry for love and leave the family. The vitriol that flowed from that decision cemented in her mind that Revan was loathe to lose his handiest unwitting pawn. She saw only the selfish manipulator and resented him for taking her for granted and urging her to sacrifice her personal goals in favour of serving his wishes. The final nail in the coffin of Lavinya's respect for Revan came when he abandoned everything he had stood for - the city, and above all, his faith. All that he held to was his family, and Lavinya was ashamed to think the man who had taught her of loyalty and fierce devotion to both Magnagora and Lord Morgfyre could throw it all away. She did not know him at all.

Hardened as she was against him, it took a lot of work for Revan to make ammends. Always, even when she had hated him, she had loved him too, and had been torn between duty to her city and duty to her strongest influence. She thought at first he had not changed, that he was nothing but an arrogant, prideful man who hated seeing his failure of a daughter sitting at the right hand of Morgfyre, where he had always longed to be. She saw him change though, and that terrified her, because she hated the idea of him leading her along on a string again. But he listened to her, tried to understand her perspectives, and even started to see areas in which he may have stepped wrong. He apologised, humbly. Very, very unlike him, but it sparked her respect. Now, she is back to being torn - after a century, he revealed just how proud he is of all her achievements, and she has come to understand that while his methods were often distasteful, his priorities have always been Magnagora and the family, and no god has ever held his devotion like Legion. He is still arrogant and she thinks his views are sometimes archaic, and she is always wary of his never ceasing scheming, but she knows that (generally) his motives are for the betterment of the engine, and that deserves a measure of respect.
    (And that was the brief version, phew)

Marcella
    Lavinya finds some days that Marcella is wonderful - she enjoys deep discussions regarding any number of topics (conversation is such a dying art), she is motivated and eager to serve the Engine however she can. Yet other days, she frustrates Lavinya. She can be lazy - if she wasn't, she would have become a demigoddess YEARS ago, and she is very vocal in her complaints. Wishing to be stronger while standing around twiddling her thumbs makes Lavinya want to grind her teeth. She also finds Marcella to be undiplomatic and irreverent of people and things Lavinya believes should be shown respect - such as ALL the divine of the city, follower or not. Yet when she chooses, Marcella is extremely polite and decorous, and while she has given Lavinya cause to wonder just where exactly her loyalties lie, Lavinya doesn't doubt that she seeks to further Magnagoran interests. Any outbursts and flaws, Lavinya tends to put down to the inbred n'Lochli blood. (teehee)

• Marcella:

Mariel had a nice little interaction with her when I was playing "eeny-meeny-miney-moe" deciding which Guild to defect to. She was impressed with the wisdom of the knight, and Marcella reminds Mariel a lot of herself...just not quite as surly.
  • My turn to do Revan:

Leolamins has a lot to do with Revan and remains torn on his thoughts on him but still expects the great manipulator to make another move one day and return to a position of power.  He is torn because of the mixed interactions with him.  He remembers Revan killing him at the megalith as a youngster to test 'how well he healed'.  He remembers Revan introducing him to icewynd, advise that got him to demigod.  He remembers the support Revan gave to get him to Warlord and the teachings he learned from Morgfyre.  Most of all he remembers the anarchy that the Revan/Munsia dispute caused and how Revan decided to stop at nothing to obtain his revenge.

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• Now for Marcella

Leolamins still believes Marcella's talent remains untapped and on some days he may even say it is being wasted.  Despite leo seeing her talent and skill, he despises her belief in statis.  He waits for the day she will acknowledge the teachings of Morgfyre and embrace change and hunger.

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!