Newbie Difficulties/Troubles/Concerns

167891012»

Comments

• Sweet, got promoted to Carrion Eater and got some vials from Trader Bob. Then I found how to substitute certain lines as other lines, you guys have been super helpful.

Now I have a Czigany coin, what's that about? And I got some tickets or something when I bought a bunch of credits, how do I use them?
  • Grayven said:
    Sweet, got promoted to Carrion Eater and got some vials from Trader Bob. Then I found how to substitute certain lines as other lines, you guys have been super helpful.

Now I have a Czigany coin, what's that about? And I got some tickets or something when I bought a bunch of credits, how do I use them?
    A Czigany coin allows you to spin the Wheel of Tzaraziko in the Cave of Chaos. You can spin three times per coin and possibly win an artifact, credits, goop, a random item or a temporary buff. HELP CZIGANYCOIN tells how to use the Wheel.

The tickets might be Wakabidrome tickets? It's a gambling thing - bet on a wakabi race (HELP RACETRACK for more info)

• Word, are there other forms of currency I should be gathering? And if so, how would I do so? Obviously I'm gathering gold and credits, but I can't help but feel there's massive amounts of things I'm missing out on.
  • WONDERCORNUCOPIA FORM will eventually get you an item that gives several useful buffsm, and every IG year will give you 500 goop or much more rarely, a wondercrystal which can form other wonderitems, you'll get wondercrystals as you level.

Aethergoop is something you can use to form/buy stuff from the aethershop, as are credits, There are many ways to get aethergoop, and you can earn up to 20 free credits a day?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• That's awesome! Been using that wondercornucopia and it's pretty tight. However, I have a billion questions on everything from targeting syntax and triggers to forging and item usage and was wondering if there was a general resource for all that? I've found the wiki, and that's helped with certain things, like understanding skills and stuff, but it doesn't seem to be all-encompassing.
  • You should be able to ask around magnagora[that's where you are right?], they might have some OOC clans you can join just to help with those purposes.
    You can also ask around the forums. The Mechanics Corner, in the WOrld forums, can help with syntanx and triggers if you can't find help in mag for that. FOr instance.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Grayven said:
    I've found the wiki, and that's helped with certain things, like understanding skills and stuff, but it doesn't seem to be all-encompassing.
    One day, I hope a new player-run wiki will be made that will include everything. I'd do it myself if I had the time. The only thing the Archives are good for really is checking some skills.

Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Alright, so I'm about to get a client but am out of my depth on this one completely. Nexus is pretty good but I'm hoping one of my problems is it's just lacking in versatility and I'm not just so irredeemably inept that months of scrutiny prevent me from mapping appropriate triggers and stuff. But I kinda suck and hope a new client can help. To be honest, I feel like I'm just not on the average player's level. This is clearly a game for really intelligent people, and was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a client that would allow me to masquerade as one of you well enough to be useful in combat.

In the event this can't be done I'll just be making an alt with the mage archetype and hope to be of more use by slinging spells in a demesne.
  • Have you talked to other players about some of their triggers they've already written?
    A non nexus client might help, but also asking OOC for bit of code might reveal some snippets saved for players in general? 
    Also, just asking how you can help in combat with what you have, might reveal some basic stuff that is still useful in group combat. A lot of people can sympathize with not feeling that useful in combat. Have you asked about stuff you can do not the IHC aether?

• I've not asked, but for some reason I felt like triggers would be something deeply personal you wouldn't share with others, like a bank account, or their feelings about the finale of Lost. I've sparred with a few people, and afterwards they have guided me as to what to trigger and when, but gathering the text from a fight is something I often forget to do immediately, so I thought maybe a client with more backlogging would help. It is reassuring to know others experience the same issue. Obviously I only have my experience and when we're in a timequake or something it just seems like everyone else is way more aware and responsive, while I'm trying to attack someone who has already left. I'll try going through the mechanic's corner to see what others have offered on the subject.
  • If you can talk to someone OOC you might ask about triggers, some will only work for some UI's or some classes, but I am not sure that many are that personal.

• So not sure if this belongs here but didn't know where else to ask. I'm in the army and regularly leave for deployments and operations to areas without internet for long periods. Is there anyway to avoid deterioration of items while I'm gone? It's obviously not a huge issue, but every time I return I have to go through and buy vials, enchantments, materials for forging, etc.
  • Bought a great rune of glassworking but can't figure out how to attach it to a vial. Keeps saying I can't attach it to an ephemeral item.
  • dagen said:
    Bought a great rune of glassworking but can't figure out how to attach it to a vial. Keeps saying I can't attach it to an ephemeral item.

If I have to guess, this is probably an interaction issue with the vials given by the Fates. Might need to get a player-made vial to rune instead.
  • Jolanthe said:
    dagen said:
    Bought a great rune of glassworking but can't figure out how to attach it to a vial. Keeps saying I can't attach it to an ephemeral item.

If I have to guess, this is probably an interaction issue with the vials given by the Fates. Might need to get a player-made vial to rune instead.
    I made a vial and it still did the same thing
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    dagen said:
    This is a known and classified bug, we're still waiting on the fix unfortunately.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • This bug is fixed only by sorcelglassing a vial of any kind
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    >--------------------------[ Changelog Entry #2713 ]--------------------------<
       Entered by: Orael the Anomaly                   Date: 2022-07-13 02:47:36

o Vials can once again have a rune of glassworking attached to them.

@dagen rejoice!
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • edited July 2022
    I started the game yesterday, and because I have just a little bit of experience with a prior MUD game, I was able to figure out how to get through the introduction; however, I was very frustrated from the beginning and almost quit the game multiple times through the introduction due to the difficulty of figuring out what I needed to do. I have a few suggestions.

I suggest offering the player to type the following commands for the following purposes: START TUTORIAL to start a tutorial. TIP for an obvious small piece of helpful information. HINT for a not-as-obvious small piece of advice. HELP MENU for a list of chapters and sections within the help guide. HELP GUIDE to go to chapter one's popup window, which lists the contents. HELP GUIDE # to take them to the chapter in the help guide or HELP GUIDE #.# to take them to a specific section in the help guide. HELP to explain what is going on from an OOC perspective and to talk them through their options. GUIDE to will provide them step-by-step instructions to help them through the introduction (or tutorial). LINKS for a link to a written walkthrough of the introduction (or tutorial) and a link to a video walkthrough of the introduction (or tutorial). ACTIONS or COMMANDS to list a set of actions or commands the player can take that is prudent for their current circumstance. You already have a command for people who want to skip the introduction. I don't know if you have a command for creating a character, because I created a character prior to playing the game. When mentioning the NEWBIE channel, explain that newbie is short for new player. There are other ways that could also be useful, but this would be a great start.

--Ribbit--