Idea for Reducing Orgs

I've been away for a while, I'd kinda fallen out with Lusternia, but I'm trying to reconnect.   I missed the open debate about reducing orgs, but I had an idea I'd like to interject and it might solve multiple problems. Including injecting something unique and dynamic to Lusternia

In short: Instead of deleting orgs, dynamically suspend them based on regular intervals through player-decided challenges.

One of the problems we have is that there's no way to win conflict, mobs will respawn, things will get fixed, there's little to no permanent or semi-permanent achievement we can do.  We're also dealing with a population lull that's difficult to support 6 orgs. You're fighting for a victory that will never happen.. well let it happen! So, let's pick up one stone and have a little birdie massacre.

My theorized example:   
1)Through events, it is determined on 4 nexii can be active at once. Quests, battles, and competitions ensue until either two orgs are defeated, or four orgs have secured themselves again ruin.  The losing orgs are simply suspended, put into a dormant state, the files just saved somewhere to be reloaded at a later date. 
2) The suppressed org's members move to a cult status, and they may join other orgs. The nexus-specific power skills for a dormant nexus continue to function with any nexus other than that org's natural enemy.
3) The suppressed orgs can be resurrected at the next regularly scheduled nexus competition(two or three RL months). At least one of the two suspended orgs will reactivate, and one of the active orgs will go into hibernation.  Quests and events to help solidify and even resurrect these orgs will exist.  
4) Once an org reactivates, nexus-power users will have to switch back to the org to keep using certain powers.
5) Potentially: The longer an org as been active, the harder it is to keep active, and the longer an org has been down, the easier it is to revive.

Roleplay example:

Life and color drain from the basin, as reality itself seems to fade and wane. The source has these problems as been discovered, the nexii of the basin are overdrawing power from a great cosmic source, exhausting it. New seals put in place have bolstered the fabric of reality, but at a huge cost: The connection to greater forces can now only support four nexii. So the competion begins.

After grueling fighting, a combined assault on the Serenwilde forces the Mother Moonhart's connection to the source to severed: In a last desperate move, the ritualists of Serenwilde call a great blizzard, burying the commune in a protective blanket of snow.  So begins the Winter of the Wilde.  Yet while the leaves have fallen, the roots remain, waiting for a spring. (The wilde's room are just closed and/or replace with snow descs)

While the assault on the Serens was going, the other cities tended to their own needs, completing the quests and rituals to cement their own connections for their nexii. Sadly, Gaudiguch last in the contest and the Eternal Flame sputters out. Gaudiguch is cast back out of time.

So begins the Age of Order (because the 4 remain orgs are the most Authoritarian)

The members of Serenwilde and Gaudiguch then become part of the 'Moonhart Movement' and 'Enlightened Insurgency' clans respectively.  Subtle changes across the basin happen as new members flood the remaining guilds.  Astronomers in Hallifax may watch the Moon far more closely, while weed smoking comes into fashion at Society parties.  Augury rites take on some aspects of vision quests, while secrets seeds are tended in the corners of cathedral gardens.

After a set time, the nexii flux again.  This time, members of the Insurgency revive Gaudiguch, while the cities turn on the Glomdoring. So begins the Age of Cities, where the commune interests exist only as the Moonhart Movement and the Cult of the Ravenwood.

Next time: Who knows... Glom and Mag get beaten there's a Shining Age where no one openly supports Taint/Soullessness..  except for the shadow cultists lurking in cities, or the infamous Iron Syndicate crime family.    The world could become dynamic, more exciting. 

In this way, we would not have to rewrite as much(Simply toggle on/off orgs), and more importantly: The game would keep changing, and some degree of victory over your enemies would be possible. Fighting your enemies would be less futile. Roleplay for each org would just shift to being a hidden supporter. This would give us something new and different to Lusternia: The ability for player actions to shift the story.(The world events feel railroaded, and current village/bubble contests don't feel significant)  Also if this works out, after the third or fourth shift(A year in or so), maybe Jojobo or Ackleberry could suddenly become an option. (We pick 4 out of 7 instead of 4 out of 6)

Just some ideas.

Comments

• While the theory is good, the few glaring issues start to rise when you ask some questions:

1) Why would a dormant org join another and effectively work for them for a few months?
    2) How would city/commune ranks work? Do you just transfer to your equivalent or start fresh?
    3) Would people be pardoned for joining an 'enemy' alliance if they went dormant?

Just a few questions, but it is enough to start the conversation. But in this current state of suggestion, if someone's org goes dormant because they lost, I don't see them actively playing for the time period or just playing on a character that isn't in a dormant organization.
  • Also, what is the IC reason an org would let someone from a rogue insurgency join them so they will (possibly) topple them later?
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • One of the big issues with having 6 orgs is balance. I feel like this does not address that big issue because it's likely that orgs that happen to be better populated or that got lucky with their skillsets will get to stay while others get "suspended." That would increase tensions among the player base, not resolve them. This came up a lot in the previous thread.
    Arix said:
    Tzaraziko died for your spins
  • Haghan said:
    I've been away for a while, I'd kinda fallen out with Lusternia, but I'm trying to reconnect.   I missed the open debate about reducing orgs, but I had an idea I'd like to interject and it might solve multiple problems. Including injecting something unique and dynamic to Lusternia

In short: Instead of deleting orgs, dynamically suspend them based on regular intervals through player-decided challenges.

One of the problems we have is that there's no way to win conflict, mobs will respawn, things will get fixed, there's little to no permanent or semi-permanent achievement we can do.  We're also dealing with a population lull that's difficult to support 6 orgs. You're fighting for a victory that will never happen.. well let it happen! So, let's pick up one stone and have a little birdie massacre.

My theorized example:   
    1)Through events, it is determined on 4 nexii can be active at once. Quests, battles, and competitions ensue until either two orgs are defeated, or four orgs have secured themselves again ruin.  The losing orgs are simply suspended, put into a dormant state, the files just saved somewhere to be reloaded at a later date. 
    2) The suppressed org's members move to a cult status, and they may join other orgs. The nexus-specific power skills for a dormant nexus continue to function with any nexus other than that org's natural enemy.
    3) The suppressed orgs can be resurrected at the next regularly scheduled nexus competition(two or three RL months). At least one of the two suspended orgs will reactivate, and one of the active orgs will go into hibernation.  Quests and events to help solidify and even resurrect these orgs will exist.  
    4) Once an org reactivates, nexus-power users will have to switch back to the org to keep using certain powers.
    5) Potentially: The longer an org as been active, the harder it is to keep active, and the longer an org has been down, the easier it is to revive.

Roleplay example:

Life and color drain from the basin, as reality itself seems to fade and wane. The source has these problems as been discovered, the nexii of the basin are overdrawing power from a great cosmic source, exhausting it. New seals put in place have bolstered the fabric of reality, but at a huge cost: The connection to greater forces can now only support four nexii. So the competion begins.

After grueling fighting, a combined assault on the Serenwilde forces the Mother Moonhart's connection to the source to severed: In a last desperate move, the ritualists of Serenwilde call a great blizzard, burying the commune in a protective blanket of snow.  So begins the Winter of the Wilde.  Yet while the leaves have fallen, the roots remain, waiting for a spring. (The wilde's room are just closed and/or replace with snow descs)

While the assault on the Serens was going, the other cities tended to their own needs, completing the quests and rituals to cement their own connections for their nexii. Sadly, Gaudiguch last in the contest and the Eternal Flame sputters out. Gaudiguch is cast back out of time.

So begins the Age of Order (because the 4 remain orgs are the most Authoritarian)

The members of Serenwilde and Gaudiguch then become part of the 'Moonhart Movement' and 'Enlightened Insurgency' clans respectively.  Subtle changes across the basin happen as new members flood the remaining guilds.  Astronomers in Hallifax may watch the Moon far more closely, while weed smoking comes into fashion at Society parties.  Augury rites take on some aspects of vision quests, while secrets seeds are tended in the corners of cathedral gardens.

After a set time, the nexii flux again.  This time, members of the Insurgency revive Gaudiguch, while the cities turn on the Glomdoring. So begins the Age of Cities, where the commune interests exist only as the Moonhart Movement and the Cult of the Ravenwood.

Next time: Who knows... Glom and Mag get beaten there's a Shining Age where no one openly supports Taint/Soullessness..  except for the shadow cultists lurking in cities, or the infamous Iron Syndicate crime family.    The world could become dynamic, more exciting. 

In this way, we would not have to rewrite as much(Simply toggle on/off orgs), and more importantly: The game would keep changing, and some degree of victory over your enemies would be possible. Fighting your enemies would be less futile. Roleplay for each org would just shift to being a hidden supporter. This would give us something new and different to Lusternia: The ability for player actions to shift the story.(The world events feel railroaded, and current village/bubble contests don't feel significant)  Also if this works out, after the third or fourth shift(A year in or so), maybe Jojobo or Ackleberry could suddenly become an option. (We pick 4 out of 7 instead of 4 out of 6)

Just some ideas.

Not necessarily a bad idea, but... I'm thinking to myself "Who would do something like this?"  
    <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.lusternia.com/banner/minkahmet.jpg">https://www.lusternia.com/banner/minkahmet.jpg</a>
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Here's an idea.

When someone wins Ascension, they get to destroy the org of their choice. Any players in that org are instantly homeless, with a freak timequake caused by Kethuru clearing you of any and all enemy statuses to existing player orgs. Enables you to join any open player org via their nexus keeper, but only once. After joining an org, your next skillflex into that org's skills is free.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • AlarinAlarin Wailuku, Maui, Hawai'i
    If they killed Celest, Alarin would most likely just walk around, arguing with Thaldorn.

....oh wait....

A giant panda bounds into view, flanked by a gargantuan gorilla clad in golden plate armour. They both salute as the vision fades.