Oldhammer Mafia!

12346»

Comments

• And just to get it out of the way:

Vote: Carakhan
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    It is DAY THREE. The day ends at 11:30 PM EST on Wednesday, September 26th.

VOTES

Carakhan-1 (Ayisdra)

With 3 Old Worlders alive, it will take 2 votes to lynch!

Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I'm not going to vote until you've both said your piece to sweet-talk me. I do already have a vote in mind, but I want to hear from you both first before I make my decision.

After all, I like to win, and waiting gives me the best chance of acting on correct information.

But considering how late it already is, and I'm going to regret staying up this late on a work night, don't expect me to hammer in that final vote until sometime tomorrow.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Since I am going to anyway...

vote: Ayisdra

Ayisdra is lying about what he did last night. I took no action because I had none.
    Ayisdra said:
    I have learn that @Carakhan used a power last night as I looked into her.  Either she has a power she hasn't told us about, or she did the kill last night.
    This is a really passive way of putting this, which is in line with your reluctance to draw attention to yourself this entire game. If you really think Coraline's death cleared Sylandra, then the only choice for the kill last night is you or me.

I think that I would be skeptical of Ayisdra's claim even if I wasn't certain, because why target me over Zitto who he claimed to suspect before?

Vote with me, @Sylandra and we can return to our peaceful lives of misery and warts in the empire of man
    Art by the multitalented Aonia
    So I have my answer, and it’s vote Ayisdra.

The main reason being that Zitto was the nightkill.

If Carakhan was scum and wanted to win, why would she choose to keep a verified townie over Zitto - someone who has stated over and over they suspect Ayisdra? The best path to victory would be keeping Zitto alive and smacking down the votes on Ayisdra.

Now flip it. If Ayisdra is scum, who would he keep alive? Zitto, who is gunning for him and could convince either Carakhan or myself to join him? Or me, who was flailing at Carakhan yesterday?

Plus Ayisdra was the last to claim, has no alibis and has been an extremely passive player. Carakhan has been active, taken big risks, and Zitto flipping town makes me more confident in her role claim.

And if she’s mafia after all that, she deserves to win the game anyway.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Sylandra was...The Bawd!

httpsvignettewikianocookienetwarhammerfbimagesaa9Bawdjpgrevisionlatestcb20161221214553

Oh, my. You know all of dens of vice and treachery in town. Oh, but you rarely partake, you're too smart for that. You're simply a guide. People will pay good money for you to take them to all the best places to indulge. And, sometimes, just every now and then, they'll pay you to share what you've seen.

Imperial: You are a loyal subject of the Empire of Man! You win when all of the scum are dead.

Watch and Learn: You keep an eye on your clients. After all, it's bad for business if they get stabbed. Once, at night, you may EYE X to learn what, if any, powers targeted them during the night. You will not learn who used the powers.

Carakhan was...The Beggar!

httpsvignettewikianocookienetwarhammerfbimages22fBeggarjpgrevisionlatestcb20161221214537

Yes, you're poor. Yes, you have warts and boils. Yes, you're probably going to die very young. But nobody notices you. You see a lot of people, and you see how they change from day to day. Maybe somebody will pay for that information?

Imperial: You are a loyal subject of the Empire of Man! You win when all of the scum are dead.

Watching Them Pass By: You see many things that happen, but only from a distance. Once, at night, you may OBSERVE X to see if any actions were performed on that person or by that person during the night. You will not know what those actions are or who did them. You just get a Yes or a No.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    Props to @Portius for making a setup that totally flipped my metagame expectations on their head. The lack of a visible scum partner was making me crazy on Day 2! And I was so sure Coraline was the doctor!

This was super fun, thanks everyone for a great game. :)
    Daraius said:
  • I have been on the edge of my seat since last night, desperately waiting to learn if I would be avenged. Nice job @Sylandra and @Carakhan on nailing the last lunch, especially on C's first forum game.

I was so worried after I bungled reading my power and pushed two bad reads on Arix and Coraline that my suspicion of @Ayisdra would actually end up helping him, but I also don't envy his N2 choice between Syl, Car, and I.
  • Last lynch. I blame the squid.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Honoring the no-edit rule even after the game is done. So noble.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    If you were to edit now, what could the mod even do to you?  You're freeeeee!  (Also dead, alas)
    Zitto said:
    Last lynch. I blame the squid.
    For me anyway, your accurate and persistent scum read won the game. Once I thought backwards as to who would benefit most from removing you, the answer was surprisingly clear!

(I do kind of want to live in a world where Carakhan and Zitto were secretly an OP mafia team, though. That would have been wild and amazing.)
    Daraius said:
  • I'm surprised I even lasted as long as I did. Going into Night 2, I really had no good choice. I was hoping that killing Zitto might make Sylandra think "that would be too obvious for Ayisdra to be scum and kill the person most suspecting of him."
  • Haha tbh I saw my role and was like "yesss cool role I should use it!" But then everyone wanted to claim D1  :'(

You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • I am lucky that both Arix died first name and that everyone did d1 claim (and that everyone was doing it when I was sleeping. I was originally going to claim Woodsman with some sort of protecting power, but once I saw everyone had investigating powers, that changed.
    As Carakhan said in one of her posts, I had no idea starting out what the town fraction was even called until Arix's death confirmed it.
  • And I was so convinced that the Beggar was the Ratman. My classism became the end of me!
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • Gahhh i was ready to hop to Ayisdra d2 too, on the basis that Coraline's power was more useful so it'd be better to hope she was telling the truth, but by the time I got to a place I could make a post to that effect the day was over. But we got him in the end!

Good job Sylandra making that final call. Nice job laying low, Ayisdra. I am very amused that my first vote this game was the right one.

I wish I was as good a player as sylandra's paranoia painted me.
    Art by the multitalented Aonia
  • Oh, also worth celebrating is a D1 lynch of anyone, a huge rarity in Lusternian Forum Mafia. I am pleased as punch to have played a game with others as bloodthirsty as me. May this be the start of a new murderous era!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I was thoroughly impressed to see that.  I am from the days of OldMafia where the rule was "lynch early, lynch often."  All of this "let's just do nothing on day 1 and give up any chance for any info at all" always strikes me as silly.  Why even bother with a d1 in that case?
  • My only experience with mafia games is Town of Salem where they have a very short D1 and the actions start at night so D1 lynching is new to me!
    Coraline said:
    My only experience with mafia games is Town of Salem where they have a very short D1 and the actions start at night so D1 lynching is new to me!
    This is a good time to confess that I am absolutely terrible at Town of Salem. The meta is so different! And bluffing is so limited!
    Daraius said:
  • Wow, town won by pure chance
  • Arix said:
    Wow, town won by pure chance
    Strongly disagree. @Carakhan's vote was 100% based on knowledge that @Aysidra was lying, and @Sylandra's vote was based on available information and scum reads. I think this would have ended the same way if Ayisdra had killed Sylandra or Carakhan, since Carakhan and I were both already gunning for Ayisdra and I had been as close to proven town to Sylandra as I could be.