Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    For the second time around:

A young giant crow has permanently died.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I think I cooked too much food :/
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Silvanus said:
    Whoa, people actually influence someone out ?

Grow some spine and kill them or leave them be. Debating out is a pathetic response (killing is too, just more justifiable). 

Maybe I misunderstand some hidden complexity of debating, but being proud of debating people out and calling it a challenge, to me, is akin to bragging about playing sports when all you have is a shelf full of Participation Trophies.
  • I'm not sure if that's what you're intending, but the analogy you're using is making it seem like the only thing that matters is winning a medal. Not sure how that maps to debating either.

• edited March 2016
    hey this isn't raves
  • How do you even engage people outside of combat anymore, anyway? We've lost something since we started.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Riluna said:
    How do you even engage people outside of combat anymore, anyway? We've lost something since we started.

Speaking personally, I've never really engaged people via combat and still feel like I've had a pretty okay social Lusternia experience.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    @Riluna is lamenting better days when you could engage people without combat. 

Why you can't do that now, I don't know, but the continual 'we used to be better' rhetoric gets old, especially because I remember a very different Lusternia where combat was much more prolific, lots of more gimmicks were around and raids would last for hours on end. Certainly not the same as now and combat is certainly not the only way to engage people.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Gosh, I remember those raids. I'd log on to check Glom before going to school. Bam. Raid. I drop by during lunch. Bam. Another raid. I log on after dinner. WE'RE STILL GETTING RAIDED.

Those were fun times, in a morbid sort of way. Helped knit the Glommies from around that time together. I'll never ever forget WILL TO LIVE. And all the pep talks. 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Waxing poetic about the "good ol days" is a staple of lusternian culture. If you want to talk to someone not on your side, talk to them. People have never talked to me, big bad griefer and all, so I'm not sure what we've "lost."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Celina said:
    People have never talked to me, big bad griefer and all, so I'm not sure what we've "lost."

Which is a shame, because Mama Inferno is actually a very good rper.
    <3
    Fire Jesus stronk in our hearts.

#bringShikariback 

• edited March 2016
    Celina said:
    Waxing poetic about the "good ol days" is a staple of lusternian culture. If you want to talk to someone not on your side, talk to them. People have never talked to me, big bad griefer and all, so I'm not sure what we've "lost."

It used to work that simply, even on the other side. But even on the same side, conversations are rather rare now. When it's not talking about somebody about to attack, or planning a raid, I'm not getting much more then afk/one word answers/qq.

Though maybe I'm just not running around at the right time, or with the right people. Idk.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    It's definitely hard, but I think it's always been hard. I don't do a lot in Gaudiguch, where as I always RP'd in Glomd, because in Glom I had developed a circle that I routinely RP'd with. I don't have that in Gaudi so it's really hit and miss. 

Plus a lot of Lusternia, due to the nature of the game, is "sit around and wait for something to happen," which means people come and go more than say...WoW or a graphical MMO where you can always do dungeons or whatever. So finding the right people at the right time is tough.

Then there's finding the right crowd you enjoy RPing with and you can play off of eachother. Celina is fiery, aggressive, and passionate. She will does not entertain snoot or those trying to condescend her, so sometimes (read: all the time) I clash with the Halli sip tea and "let me explain why you're a barbarian" thing. Character styles, just like real people, don't always mesh.

It's a little meta,  and oh well, but I think the best way is to find people on forums who like to RP and then find a reason to approach them IC. 
  • I like Drocilla's idea of having lunch at 430 am
  • All meals are lunch if you believe in yourself.
    See you in Sapience.
  • Twytch said:
    All meals are lunch if you believe in yourself.
    So are all meals at 1AM, when you have remembered you haven't eaten.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
    I've never interacted with @Sylandra in-game either! I should send her pixies out of the blue.

#bringShikariback 

• That feel when you find out one of your favourite skills has been bugged since (roughly) 2014.
  • I've lost that edge where I say, "This is what we're doing," in favor of mumbling away when faced with a lack of response, and I don't like it.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Talan said:
    I've lost that edge where I say, "This is what we're doing," in favor of mumbling away when faced with a lack of response, and I don't like it.
    We still love you
  • Anyone else still getting the random few seconds of lag/dcs? I've been getting it a few days a day and every time it happens I try to load something else up and it looks fine. Seems to just be Lusternia for me.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    :[ Aw. Most likely will have to miss ascension this year due to work. Oh well.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I will likely miss ascension this year (like every other year) because 4am on a Monday is the worst.

• Lavinya said:
    I will likely miss ascension this year (like every other year) because 4am on a Monday is the worst.
    It's on Sunday
This discussion has been closed.