Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I wasn't intending to bring a fight to the forums, by the way. Just congratulating my husband on his effort despite everything that was working against him. I'm allowed to be proud of him, and annoyed at his set backs.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited February 2016
    Celina said:
    Glom/Mag alliance off to an A+ start
    I'm getting this big sense of deja vu. Just waiting for Marcella to tell Glom that Mag is going to declare war right after ascension. Sounds like a perfect plan to me.

• Celina said:
    Technically we don't have an alliance, but none-the-less, please bring any claim you want to make IGly to the council. Or, you know @Lavinya / @Silvanus, talk to the family member you appointed to the Magnagoran council to look after d'Murani's best interests. That's kinda the main purpose of the role.
  • edited February 2016
    Krackenor said:
    Celina said:
    Technically we don't have an alliance, but none-the-less, please bring any claim you want to make IGly to the council. Or, you know @Lavinya / @Silvanus, talk to the family member you appointed to the Magnagoran council to look after d'Murani's best interests. That's kinda the main purpose of the role.
    No, we do. Calling the treaty a NAP doesn't make it not a treaty. Anyways, this mostly sounds like a genuine bit of miscomunication amplified by the stressors of a combat/seal event.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I am dissatisfied with the phrasing of this satisfaction survey. "Everything" is very broad! Some things are more satisfying than others! It doesn't allow for thoughtful or nuanced feedback, and I have trouble imagining the results will turn up anything substantially useful.

So yes. I am dissatisfied with the satisfaction survey, and really hope it's not being used for anything important. :|
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • edited February 2016
    This just in, I'm kind of dissatisfied with the satisfaction survey. The question is awfully broad and with factions incoming and the overhaul taking place, it's coming at a really weird time. I could be content with everything the administration can reasonably do and still be dissatisfied with pacing, PvP, and player conduct. I hope this is better thought out than it looks, because right now all I see is another target for anger and frustration. I just don't see this garnering an accurate or useful response. :(

ETA: Oh. We made the same tweet, @sylandra. Gosh.
    Discord: Gal#1391
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord

Sylandra said:
    I am dissatisfied with the phrasing of this satisfaction survey. "Everything" is very broad! Some things are more satisfying than others! It doesn't allow for thoughtful or nuanced feedback, and I have trouble imagining the results will turn up anything substantially useful.

So yes. I am dissatisfied with the satisfaction survey, and really hope it's not being used for anything important. :|
    Shuyin says, "I would be a 1 on that vote for 5 on your 3."

I ended up whipping up a quick script that randomly changes between 1, 2, and 4 every 60 seconds.  Whichever one it ticks to when I am logging out will be my final result (because I have reasons for all of them, and no reason for 3 at all).
  • edited February 2016
    So what's the new referendum for? If it's to get an idea of the game and people's attitude to it there might need to be some more nuance to the question. I'm satisfied with combat in that I think the overhaul has been a good change, though it caused problems with my class and it seems like those are slow to be fixed. I really like the lore and environment but I feel like I've spent a lot of time logging on and listening to arguments and walking away grumpy. So I have no idea what to answer, Lusternia is a ridiculously complicated game so I can't just say I'm satisfied or unsatisfied by everything.
    Xenthos, you sower of chaos and dissent!

Also this just in, Gavriel and I are the same person.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I'm not really sure what kind of information they expect to be able to get out of something as vague as this.
  • @Gavriel makes a good point. A time of upcoming changes that are very big is a bad time to ask and expect to get results that are going to encompass everything in the game. The guild changes are going to probably be what a lot of people are voting on.
  • Othero said:
    @Gavriel makes a good point. A time of upcoming changes that are very big is a bad time to ask and expect to get results that are going to encompass everything in the game. The guild changes are going to probably be what a lot of people are voting on.
    Just to put things into perspective, when I was thinking about all the things I could be basing my vote off, the guild overhaul didn't even come to mind.
    Like what is the purpose behind the questions? Is the question, "Do you enjoy playing Lusternia?" That answer is different from "Do you feel 100% satisfied with all the choices Lusternia makes forever in every aspect of the game?" You can see room for improvement but still like the game as a whole!
    Daraius said:
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Here's an idea: Let's start a poll on the forums to show what you voted and why you feel the way you do
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I'd rather keep it anonymous. Why not make it an in game survey where we can rate different aspects and include optional feedback?
    The referendum ended with my RNG having selected "somewhat dissatisfied".  So I guess that is my answer?
    Oh it poofed. Mysterious.
    Daraius said:
    Sylandra said:
    Oh it poofed. Mysterious.
    Every time this has happened, it has always poofed long before the designated time (usually within an hour or two).
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    You guys made a really simple survey really complicated.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    edited February 2016
    Celina said:

Well, this is Lusternia.
    Celina said:
    #SurveyGate2016
    Daraius said:
  • Celina said:
    But it wasn't really that simple. There are some things that Lusternia does bad. and some things it does good. So do I average the things out and vote that way? Or do I take the worst thing and use that? Or do I take the best thing? Or do I randomly take something in the middle?

You can't really condense all of lusternia and how one feels about it into a single score.
  • We are, after all, all special snowflakes who can't adequately be described in one statement. How ever could any simple survey encapsulate us?

/s

• Celina said:
    I work for a company whose entire business when it comes down to it is making surveys. There is a lot to them if you're looking for useful feedback that you can use. I might of thinked too hard about it.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited February 2016
    Ayisdra said:
    Celina said:
    But it wasn't really that simple. There are some things that Lusternia does bad. and some things it does good. So do I average the things out and vote that way? Or do I take the worst thing and use that? Or do I take the best thing? Or do I randomly take something in the middle?

You can't really condense all of lusternia and how one feels about it into a single score.
    It was that simple. It's asking about your overall satisfaction with Lusternia. Have you people ever taken surveys before? They don't ask you what you feel about canned green beans on July 16th. They aren't asking for specifics.
This discussion has been closed.